BET To Honor Prince With Lifetime Achievement Award

Okay, so he isn't Frankie Beverly. But he'll do. As a matter of fact, Prince is just as overdue for this kind of recognition; and he boasts the kind of catalog that should be ripe for many artists to reinvent. 

When I say artists, I don't mean Trey Songz. Please BET, I beg of you, don't let this guy pay "tribute" to Prince. Let's get Maxwell back, we can start there. Maxwell singing "Adore"? Yes! Erykah Badu singing "Do Me Baby"? Mm Hmm. Cee-Lo performing "Kiss" or "Raspberry Beret"? I'd be stoked. Alicia Keys should sing "How Come You Don't Call Me" (she's already remade the song on her 'Songs in A Minor' album). I wouldn't mind hearing Eric Benet reinterpret "Purple Rain" or "Call My Name"....::sigh:: the endless possibilities. 

Alas, I doubt BET will totally mirror my performance list. I don't know who they intend to pay tribute, but let's just hope they don't drop the ball like they usually do.

Below, probably one of my favorite Prince songs of all time:

Comments

Popular Posts